Friday 26 October 2012

The Only Genuine Jones now available in all major ebook formats

Through the Meatgrinder...
I don't believe in restricting myself to a single outlet. Amazon Kindle is currently the top dog when it comes to ebooks in the UK, but that isn't set in stone; I certainly don't want to find myself unable to sell my books if circumstances change and Kindle is no longer a viable option. In addition, plenty of people own ereaders that are not Kindles (for example, Kobos, Nooks, iPads, or any weird and wonderful computing device that can open a text document).

Smashwords is an ebook distributor that has very strict requirements for submission, but in return it uses a piece of software called Meatgrinder to convert your book to every major format currently available--and even some esoteric ones such as the defunct Palm Doc format. I had a lot of 'fun' converting my pristinely formatted Kindle file into the necessary Microsoft Word document that Smashwords requires. The effort was worth it, however, as the book is now available to purchase from Smashwords.

You can download it here in EPUB, PDF, RTF, LRF, TXT, and PDB formats. Once it has passed premium catalogue certification, it will also be available on most of the other major digital bookstores (including the Kobo and Nook store).

Next stop, paperback special edition!

In other news, I've started my poster campaign...

Poster in Hannah's florist shop
So far a single poster is in the wild, located at Snapdragons Florist in Burgh-le-Marsh (the business run by my partner Hannah). Needless to say, this is only the start. A whole bunch will soon be on their way to a variety of mountainous locations where walkers and climbers congregate. If you see one of my posters while you're sitting out bad weather in the valley, do me a favour and scan the code with your smartphone!

No comments: