Sunday 31 May 2015

The adventure begins


I'm heading north tomorrow, so this will be my final post before I begin my Cape Wrath Trail journey.

My parents are taking their caravan up to the Inverness area to visit my brother James, so I'm catching a lift with them. The plan is to drive from Inverness to the Fort William area on Wednesday morning, then maybe drop in at the Clachaig for lunch before I catch the ferry across the loch to Ardgour. I'm intending a short first day of about ten miles so a late start after a pub lunch should do nicely.

I will not be updating this blog during my journey, but I'll be posting occasional status updates to Twitter @alex_roddie when signal and battery life permits. I expect to be out of signal for multiple days at a time, so if I don't update for a week or more please don't call out mountain rescue!

The forecast indicates improving weather after Wednesday or Thursday, so I'm cautiously optimistic – but by no means pinning my hopes on good conditions. I am going fully prepared for foul weather and continuous rain, if that's what I get. A little sunshine would be nice, though.

I expect to return some time between the 20th of June and the end of the month – an exact date is impossible to pin down – and as always you can expect plenty of photos and a writeup here on this blog when I get back.

See you on the other side, and wish me luck!



More posts on the Cape Wrath Trail

Cape Wrath Trail gear list
Preparations for the Cape Wrath Trail

No comments: