Sunday 26 July 2015

This blog has now moved – please update your bookmarks and feeds

After twelve years of blogging, it's time to say goodbye to the Blogger platform. It's been a hell of a journey. I moved to Blogger in September 2003 after some months attempting to blog in hand-coded HTML on a Demon web page (long defunct, thankfully). The Blogger system proved to be a versatile tool for many years. I got to know its ins and outs; I uploaded hundreds of thousands of words to my various blogs, along with gigabytes of images.

But some tools eventually outlive their usefulness. For about a year now I have been repeatedly coming up against the limitations of Blogger, and constantly thinking "I really need to move to Wordpress". So that's exactly what I've done.

Most readers won't need to do anything at all, because the www.alexroddie.com domain has been in use for some years and most people will have bookmarked that address. The new Wordpress site is now up and running at that domain and 99% of permalink are complete and accurate. It should be a seamless transition.

But some of my more established readers may still have bookmarks for the old alexroddie.blogspot.co.uk domain. The time has come to update your bookmarks, people! I have attempted to automatically redirect RSS feeds to the new feed, but there's a chance this may not work. The new feed can be found at http://feeds.feedburner.com/alexroddie/XNDa

Thanks for reading.

No comments: