Wednesday 3 April 2013

TGO magazine reviews "The Only Genuine Jones"

I am happy to announce that The Great Outdoors (TGO) magazine, one of the UK's most respected hillwalking and outdoor magazines, has printed a brief but very positive review of The Only Genuine Jones in their latest issue (in stores from tomorrow):

"Set in 1896, this work of fiction follows two mountaineers who, despite their differences, tackle the most lethal mountain wall in the Alps. This is a smooth read, and the author's passion for his subject matter is abundant on every page."
Needless to say, I am thrilled by such an endorsement from a publication I have read and admired for many years. The book is already experiencing a mini sales bump and is back into the #10 bestseller list on Kindle (mountaineering books) already.

I recently calculated that I have sold approximately 500 books (Kindle and paperback) since publication in late October, which is a fantastic milestone, reached far more quickly than I had expected! Most new indie books sell only 100-200 copies in their first year. The book has done well thanks to a great level of support from hillwalkers, climbers and mountaineers who have embraced my writing with gusto and helped generate a huge amount of social media enthusiasm. Thank you all--and don't worry, I'm working hard on the next book!

No comments: