Wednesday 28 March 2012

Writerly thoughts for the day

1. It's remarkable how tiny mistakes have the power to persist in a manuscript that's so far been rewritten from scratch three times and edited even more often.

2. In this age of digital wizardry, storage clouds, ubiquitous information and the ability to both produce and edit content virtually anywhere, we can still be held to ransom by printer cartridges when they choose to misbehave at the wrong moment.

3. Sometimes I find myself wondering if the long and incredibly painstaking approach to writing a book is really what works best for me. It allows me to immerse myself in a world of incredible detail which (I hope) eventually leads to a richer story, but on the other hand I miss the relentless pace of NaNoWriMo. The last time I completed NaNoWriMo successfully was nine years ago, however!

No comments: