Sunday 9 February 2014

Featured in the Scottish Sunday Mail today






Exciting news! Today an article was published in the Scottish Sunday Mail about the Abraham brothers, pioneers of British rock climbing who were active in the 1890s and early 1900s. They were friends with O.G.Jones and Ashley Abraham plays a small role in The Only Genuine Jones.

As one of the only living authorities on the practical use of 19th century mountaineering equipment and techniques, I was consulted by the reporter who worked on the piece. We spoke about the unique challenges of climbing in tweeds and nailed boots, the reduced margin for error, and the greater sense of freedom that comes from putting aside modern safety equipment. 

I'm really pleased with how the feature has turned out. I think the reporter has portrayed me well, I get a picture (plus one of my nailed boots appears too!) and both of my novels are mentioned. 

This is great publicity for me and rather well timed! You can read the article in the scanned images above or in today's issue of the Scottish Sunday Mail.

No comments: