Friday 22 February 2013

All is ready for the book launch


In four days I will be travelling up to Scotland to host my very first book launch party! The event is taking place at the Clachaig Inn, Glencoe, on Wednesday the 27th at 9pm. As you can see in the picture I have been busy doing a bit of admin for the event today: newsletter signup sheets, business cards, 'please review' flyers, and freebie vouchers.

Every attendee who buys a paperback will get a free ebook copy in the format of their choice, and to sweeten the deal yet further, my Kindle novella Crowley's Rival will be on free promotion for three days over the book launch.

10% of all profits from the night will be donated to Glencoe Mountain Rescue team.

I have been rehearsing the talk today and have timed it to around half an hour including a brief reading from the first chapter. Hopefully that will be about the right length to avoid sending everyone to sleep!

The mountain weather forecast for this week is currently spectacular, so I'm hoping there will be enormous crowds of climbers in Glencoe. If my brother's adventures over the last few days are anything to go by then we should be in for a treat.

The only remaining question marks are a) will I be left with loads of surplus, or will my stocks sell out? b) will I make it off the hill for 9pm after my day's climb? c) will people like what I have to say, or will I get booed off the stage?

We'll find out soon enough! If you're going to be at the launch I will see you there, and if not I will be writing up some coverage of the event (hopefully with photos) on this blog.

No comments: