Friday 8 February 2013

My Glencoe interview will be broadcast tomorrow


It is my pleasure to announce that my interview with Christopher Sleight, which was recorded in late January, will be broadcast tomorrow morning on the BBC Out of Doors programme (BBC Radio Scotland). The programme will run from 6:30am with my bit starting at around 7:15. Episodes are available to stream online any time up to about a week after broadcast, so "it's too early" is no excuse!

The episode will also be broadcast on Sunday at 11:05am.

Here is the link:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01qjf2t

I will be talking a little about my new book and how it fits in with my experiments into Victorian winter climbing equipment. The interview was recorded during a 'historical re-enactment' climb in Coire nan Lochan earlier this month so there should be a few interesting bits about cutting steps, how nailed boots compare to crampons etc!

No comments: